We are looking for an energetic and highly creative marketing intern to join our marketing team. You will touch all aspects of marketing including but not limited to, creating landing pages, email marketing (both copy and design), social media, branding, paid advertising, content writing and strategy. VenueBook is a fast paced startup environment and we are seeking talented interns who crave learning new skills and aren’t afraid to tackle big projects.
The successful candidate will display the ability to work cross-functionally, identify new areas of growth for our team and improve our current marketing efforts.
Position is based in our NYC HQ. Candidate must live locally or have ability to relocate independently.
- Perfecting email effectiveness through data analysis, cutting-edge design and personalization
- Conceptualize, create and design landing pages for various marketing efforts
- Assist with paid media efforts which include Google Adwords and potentially Facebook
- Help create content that will be shared with our clients to help educate them on the event-booking process
- Assist with social media efforts including analyzing, posting, designing and coming up with strategy to grow our social presence
- Ad-hoc data analysis
- Market research
- Write blogs to help bolster our inbound marketing efforts
- Currently enrolled in (or graduated from) a 4-year BA/BS program, in any major, at a university in the United States
- Have authorization to work in the United States
- Academic excellence and high intellectual curiosity
- Ability to commit at least 10 weeks, on a full or part-time basis, during Summer 2017
- Experience with CSS and HTML
- Web Development
- Experience with Google Adwords, Google Analytics and HubSpot
- Experience managing social media accounts
- Knowledge/experience with JAVA
- Strong interest user experience
- Experience in the hospitality or events industry
- Interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to navigate an ambiguous environment
- Excellent analytical skills and a desire to recognize and solve business problems
Internship is unpaid, but daily lunch and travel stipend included. Will provide references for academic credit.