About The Opportunity
Be the first of your friends to declare, “I love my internship!” and actually mean it. Laugh hard and work hard with some of the best and brightest in the tech industry.
VenueBook is transforming the hospitality industry by digitizing the event planning process through a SaaS-backed marketplace. Not only do we optimize our venue partners workflows and operations, we provide a seamless, transactional marketplace for planners to search, discover, communicate, contract, and pay for their events - all online!
The Product Intern is a cross-functional role that requires you to work closely and successfully with senior leaders across the company, such as Engineering, QA, Venue Operations, Client Experience, and the rest of the Product & Design team. By collaborating across different departments, you will help developa strategy and vision for our roadmap, and build and execute features from start to finish.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle (Duties & Responsibilities):
- Drive product strategy through market analysis, product concept development, go-to market design, and execution of builds and deployments.
- Lead efforts on data analysis that details successes, failures, and opportunities of our current and future product features.
- Learn sound product management strategies and develop key skills in user story writing, agile product development, and feature prioritization.
- Develop PRD's that meet customer, strategic, and company requirements while providing clear direction to the the whole company.
- Conduct user research with both our bookers and venue partners - identify "wants" vs "needs" and appropriately build based on feedback.
- Strong leader, self-starter and proven team player in a high achievement-oriented environment.
- Ability to take minimal guidance when leading a project or task (but not afraid to ask for help when totally stumped).
- Highly analytical decision making approach.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions.
- Extreme attention to detail and seeing projects through from end-to-end.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with all other departments; communication skills with internal and external stakeholders; excellent presentation and customer facing skills.
- Ability to translate technology features into business benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university in Business Administration or STEM-related program.
- Mix of previous consulting or product strategy work experience is preferred.
- Solid understanding of enterprise software and services, SaaS, and service APIs.
- Demonstrated experience in the agile software development process.
- Previous experience working with a cross functional team (leadership, product marketing, project management, operations, support, and engineering) to drive successful product releases.
- Basic working knowledge of software development and project management tools such as Clubhouse (preferred), Asana, Trello, JIRA, Github, etc. -- Knowledge of Debugging tools a plus.
- Keen sense of UX design; ability to use Sketch application is a plus!
- Experience in designing, developing, and building collaborative or social web technologies, either in the consumer or enterprise space.
Other Things of Note:
- You must have authorization to work/study in the United States. This internship will be based in NYC.
- You must be able to commit at least 10 weeks, on a full-time basis, during Winter/Spring 2018.
- This internship is unpaid, but daily lunch and travel stipend included. Will provide references for academic credit.